Tuesday 27 October 2009

Thank goodness I'm going back to work tomorrow.

Having just had one week off with Flu that drained every last iota of energy from me, and then Monday and Tuesday of Half Term off with Alex, as the Holiday Club refused to take him because he can't be trusted on trips out, I am really, really ready to go back to work.

Today I spent 2.5 hours at Kidz Planet in Cheriton which is a massive indoor soft play area on several levels. Alex ran around it with a friend he met there and I sat drinking coffee and tea and knitting the welt on the front of the Aran Jumper I'm making for my brother. And yet it's 6.40pm, Alex is still full of energy and I feel like he's been using my energy, not his !!! That would explain a lot of things come to think of it.

Now Daddy has him for the remaining three days and Amber will be back from her trip to my sister in Bristol with her Grandma, tomorrow evening - which means that he gets an extra babysitter which is not fair - I had to do it all on my own :)

One thing I was struck by at Kidz Planet - the huge number of pregnant women - boy are we in for a baby boom.

2 comments:

  1. How has Alex settled in school?Glad you are feling better,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good - fingers crossed. I think they're keeping him interested although he has had a few lapses which have required trips to the office. They've set up a card system for him - green for good behaviour, yellow for time to think about it behaviour and red for direct to the office.

    ReplyDelete