Thursday 29 December 2011

Where has the time gone?




































Firstly a big big apology to Barbara for forgetting to blog about the wonderful box of goodies she sent me for Secret Santa. Christmas has been a little low key for me this year as I had to have two adjacent molars removed the Monday before, and I am only just beginning to make it through the day without Paracetamol and Codeine tablets every six hours. So I haven't been in the mood for extensive surfing.

However, I did remember to take photos, although some of them are too blurry to use.

Along with the selection of goodies above, I was also very lucky to receive a box of Twinings Chai Tea and a Tea Towel map of Wales upon which I had a great time finding the places I used to go to as a child, mainly Porthmadoc and Llangollen. I did attempt to coax Alex to model the scarf but unfortunately he was very scathing about a BOY wearing pink !!!! Obviously not done when you are six years old and just starting to build up your street cred.

I love each and every one of my gifts and the tree magnet will be staying on the fridge whether or not it is Christmas because I love it. So there. Once again, Barbara, I'm so sorry I forgot to contact you sooner, I thought I'd emailed, but I have managed to forget a lot of things over the last two weeks including the Christmas card for Ivan's family although they didn't seem to notice !!!

Prior to Christmas I was asked to knit the Knitivity figures for a friend of a friend ...

These ten figures were knitted in two weeks exactly, working pretty much day and evening and letting the family sort the housework and cooking. I'm really pleased with them and as I bought the book, I will be knitting myself a set for next year, but not so hurried.









I also finally got around to putting Amber's bullets on a belt for her. In the summer we visited a local twice weekly indoor market in the old Distillery in Hythe, and there was a little shop there selling military objects, including a Gatling Gun (which Alex was NOT allowed to buy however much he pleaded) and several chains of bullets from said gun (all spent obviously) and Amber persuaded me to buy a set for her. And it has taken me until December to buy a suitable leather belt and attach the bullets to it. Took me a couple of hours using a hole punch thingie and fishing line, but I am really please with the result and so is she.





















It is now ten to the Witching hour and I need a drink so cheerio for now and may you all have a wonderful and prosperous New Year.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely Christmas box you received and I hope you had a lovely Christmas despite the missing teeth.

    Wishing you a Happy New Year, S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely box! I especially love the strawberry teacosy! Glad to hear you are feeling better after the dental work - never very nice. Have a Happy New Year and good luck with all you do next year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you liked the things I sent.Hope you are feeling better.c has lost half a tooth this afternoon.Typical when the denist is shut until tuesday.No pain for him at the moment but we hope he doesn't lose any more of it!

    ReplyDelete