Tuesday 21 February 2012

My very first Ravelry pattern




And this is it .... It is a lavender scented boudoir cushion for Mother's Day although I think it would make a nice present for a bride as well. The back is a piece of felt from an old jumper that I bunged in the washing machine and the main part is knitted from Sirdar Click Aran, The flowers are knitted in three different yarn weights using the same pattern for the roses, so they come out different sizes, and the daisies are knitted with a very fine 4ply. I mixed lavender in with the filling so it is very delicately scented.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lavender-scented-boudoir-cushion

I am working with our local Alpaca farm, producing small lavender scented hearts as moth repellants for wardrobes and drawers, and also Alpaca finger puppets. All knitted out of 100% local Alpaca yarn. It is lovely to work with, leaves your fingers really soft.





It occurred to me that the finger puppets are also ideal as needle cosies - if you are anything like me I keep my most used needles in a pot on the table and I've used one of these to keep my 3mm needles together - works a treat.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Claire! I love your work and hope you have lots more patterns to come. Hope the rest of life is on its way up as well, Sx

    ReplyDelete