Saturday 20 June 2009

Lace along anybody?

I've just very carefully read Sarah's post on lace knitting - many thanks for that Sarah I personally found it very useful and it's inspired me to get on with my second attempt which I am hoping will be successful this time.

My first attempt was last years lace shawl from Hip Knits which, for me, turned out to be a big disaster. My main problem is that I knit left handed which means lace patterns have to be reversed to work correctly. So I have to do SKPO where it calls for KTOG and vice versa. Any more complicated instructions need some serious consideration to make them work properly.

Anyway, I was looking at Astrid's Dutch Obsessions site, which I absolutely love, and she has some wonderful lace yarn on it, so I decided to bite the bullet and have another go.

Along with the yarn comes this lovely lace shawl pattern which, fingers crossed, I am going to have a go at.

If anybody else fancies having a go at this I have the pattern and will willingly share it with you.

The yarn I have is in shades of red and black which sounds tacky but looks quite sophisticated on the skein.

I'll keep you posted on how I'm getting on - wish me luck.





3 comments:

  1. That pattern looks really lovely! I'll lace along with you if you want - I've never done it before (except the dreaded Hipknits). We can flounder together! Can you e-mail the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I join in with something I am doing already? Please? Not that I don't like yours but I already have one in mind for my posh yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fine - I'll sort out the pattern for you asap Allison. I'd be delighted if you joined in too Sarah, the more the merrier

    ReplyDelete