Tuesday 19 January 2010

BT have &&***%% ed up again !!!!

So we are currently internet less yet again. It seems, from my hours long discussions with the denizons that inhabit BT world, that we have actually been using the previous tenants' internet connection !!!!! as BT had completely forgotten to set ours up after the move. They are such a bunch of dipsticks, the only reason we stay with them is that the service, once it works, is the best of a pretty sorry bunch to be honest.

So we're going to be off the net until 25/01/10 - hopefully so long as BT don't find something else to make a pigs ear of. So I'm having to check emails and update blogs at work during my lunch hour.

I'm currently working on curtains at home. Finally managed to get my sewing machine set up on the table. It's an old Janome that my Mum gave me. Electronic all singing and dancing and bloody heavy :) That's why Mum gave it to me as she can no longer carry it around. It's a nifty piece of work and cost her £1400 around about 1982 so it's not rubbish. I've had so much fun playing with the different feet. The overlocking foot makes it so easy to overlock the edges of your fabric without the thread disappearing into the shuttle and jamming the whole shooting match, every five minutes.

So I bought curtains at a Laura Ashley sale for the living room and our bedroom, and the long living room curtains just needed taking up a short amount but the bedroom ones were 72 inches long so there's enough spare material to make a few cushion covers with.

I bought Amber some lovely!!! material which is covered in skulls with rose garlands around their heads. She's into all of this 'Goth' stuff by the way, so she thinks they're wonderful. I think they'd give me nightmares!!! Her window is very small so one length of material covers it and I'm going to put tabs on it to go on the curtain pole as I can't be bothered with faffing around with header tape.

Knitting wise, I'm working on the first square of my Debbie Abrahams mystery blanket - the yarn is lovely and soft but is also very easy to split, especially as I knit left handed which means the twist in the yarn has a tendancy to loosen off as I go.

I'm also working on a design of my own for a scarf in Teal Green with Light Green intarsia squares along its length. Once that's finished I will embellish each square with a stitched on felt flower. I made a scarf for Alex with felt dinosaurs on it and received loads of admiring comments along with requests for more girly ones. Although I have a feeling we may be running out of cold enough weather to wear them but then I can always stock up for next winter and put them onto Etsy or Folksy as my other half keeps telling me to do.

Hope you are all keeping well and I'll catch up with you all whilst I'm at work for the timebeing.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. The Mysteryblanket knit wasn't as easy as I thought it might be.My beads were all on the wrong side and I really had to push them into place and my cable/bobble square is a rectangle!

    ReplyDelete