Tuesday 15 February 2011

Generous knitters




I received this in the post this morning ............. Allison said that she wasn't happy with the colour so sent it as a freebie to try out !!!

I love it.

The colour is beautiful and the feel of it is beautiful too as it is 100% bamboo.

I don't think there is enough room on the server for the amount of thank yous I want to say.

Best of it is, I bought some DK light damson off Allison when her shop first opened and I've been looking at it ever since wishing I had enough to make me a knitted jacket. The turquoise blue of the bamboo goes so well with the Damson it gave me an idea.

For Christmas, I was given Nicky Epstein's knitting in blocks book which is super fantastic amazing. And in there is a lovely shawl jacket that I would love to make for me. So I am going to collect skeins of DK in analogous colours - like the damson and the turquoise - and I'm going to make the jacket using all different blocks from the book. The one in the book uses blocks all the same colour, and symmetrically positioned. I'm going to make a crazy paving of different blocks but all within close colour groupings.

Not sure how the bamboo will sit with the pure wool but I'm fairly certain it will work and obviously I will knit up tension swatches to see how they match. It may be just a case of changing needle sizes to get the same size blocks - that part is important otherwise it will just look a mess.

But again all I can say is thank you so very much Allison. You are obviously very self critical as I think it's lovely. If you are going to be dying anymore DK I'll be back on your shop asap .... just need the other half to look the other way.

The advantage of being part time now, is that I get home before him so I can pick up and hide any squishy packages in the stash before he gets home :)

1 comment:

  1. :$ shucks, it really is no big deal .... I just wasn't happy with it & I'm not convinced about it being DK, it seemed a bit thin - the jacket sounds really ambitious, can't wait to see photo's!

    ReplyDelete