Friday 25 February 2011

All change !!!

I've taken the massive step of leaving work to look after my son. Aaaarrrggghhh

It's so scary as I have never been in a position where I don't know what's going to happen next. But Alex has been getting steadily worse at school since the beginning of September, to the point now where he is only going for one hour a day as his behaviour is so extreme.

The school have been brilliant - he would have been excluded permanently from any other place. They are starting the statementing process for him but it could take as long as six months to be heard. Only problem with that is that they may well decide that he has to go to a special school - and the only one capable of taking him - because he is extremely intelligent - is about 50 miles away !!!!

The saddest thing about leaving work is that I negotiated special dispensation to go without giving one months notice - as all of my childcare options had run out - and we got the union involved to proof read the agreement and they have faffed around so much that they haven't signed it yet, so I had to go quietly today without being able to say goodbye to my friends.

The biggest plus though, is that I can do so much more knitting - my stash is large enough to keep me going for a very long day.

3 comments:

  1. That is a massive step for you both but hopefully in the right direction. I am sad that you couldn't say goodbye to your friends but hopefully you will be able to make moves in the right direction to help your son and find him the right path for the future. Sending big hugs and don't forget we are here to listen if you need us. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a massive step for you - financially if nothing else I should imagine. You'll have to arrange a big 'goodbye' party when everything is sorted out, I'm sure everyone will be happy to come along. Statements do take ages to come through I know, hopefully your hearing will be sooner rather than later. Hugs from me and Lola xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a big decision to finish work but the only one you could make.You never know it could lead to different directions.You are so creative that you will have time to develop that path.Also you know you are doing the best thing for Alex.I do hope you manage to get things moving for Alex.Another big plus is that you will have time to blog more and show us what you are making.Good luck.

    ReplyDelete