Tuesday 19 April 2011

Thank you Allison

You are such a star.

This morning I was sitting at the table knitting and feeling mopey, and a parcel arrived with a selection of Body Shop goodies and a skein of gorgeous yarn in purples and blues. And a little note from Allison to say that she had sent a few things to cheer me up - it so worked ...

In the same post was a charity appeal for abandoned animals, and I was feeling so happy that I phoned them up and donated £15 on the spot. I guess that follows the precept - if someone shows you a kindness pass it on ....

I love the yarn so much that I'm going to ball it up tonight and chose a square from the Nicky Epstein book to start my collection of squares for the jacket/shawl that I have decided to make myself with an intention that it will be finished and photographed by beginning October at the latest - just in time for the cold weather.

Oh by the way I got the sock yarn out and it isn't red, it's fuchsia pink with gold sparkles. Still looks fairly spectacular though. I've cast Spriteling on and completed about 15 rows - had a bit of a problem with the 3 in 3 stitch but after discussing it with my sister, I've cracked it now and it seems to be going swimmingly.

Taking the kids to Wingham Wildlife Centre just the other side of Canterbury tomorrow - loads of birds wandering around the park - swans, geese, ducks, hens, peacocks the lot - and the kids can buy bird seed to feed them.

Although I cannot really call Amber a kid anymore. She has just had her first interview of many to join the army - she wants to join the Royal Engineers, and she has had a list of things she has to do, getting fit is one of them. She needs to be able to run 1.5 miles in 13 minutes - so I have promised that I will support her totally and buy anything she needs as long as she promises to work hard at it.

I've dosed Alex with his sleeping medicine but he is still playing his game at the moment - with any luck it should work within 45 minutes and I can go back downstairs and carry on with my shawl.

I have to say thank you again, Allison for your thoughtful gifts, they have lightened my heart greatly. I also want to say thankyou to everyone who has left me comforting and heartening comments - I'm still battling the depression but your friendship has helped so much.

Maybe we ought to do a parcel swap again soon? Too late for Easter but maybe a mid summer parcel, something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment