Sunday 19 May 2013

Finished Objects at long last

I have finally finished the Fairisle tank top (sleeveless top) that I have been working on since end of February, and here it is:
                                                                  
I haven't been able to deliver it to the customer yet as she has been unable to get into Hythe to collect it.                                     
Fairisle Sleeveless Top knitted in Rowan Pure Wool
















It was Ivan's birthday last Tuesday, and he has bought himself a Tablet at last, so I made him a case to go with it

The outer case is made from Harris Tweed Tartan, and it is wadded and lined with brown cotton.  The whole case is then bound with bias binding made from the same cotton, and then I cannibalised a new belt to create the clasp.  I have a gizmo that attaches eyelets to whatever, which obviously incorporates two different sized punches to create the holes for the eyelets to go into.  I used this to make holes in the leather around the outside and then sewed it into place.  I did consider riveting the belt to the case, but decided that the rivets could scratch the tablet inside.  Ivan loves it, and I think it looks very masculine.

I'm in the middle of making Teddies at the moment.  Little ones with semi-stuffed legs so that they sit independently.  I've just finished one made with a fat quarter of VW campervan cotton. He is going to be called Victor Wilfred Bear, and I will get round to taking his mugshot, probably tomorrow.






1 comment:

  1. I love your fair isle top.Look forward to seeing the bears.

    ReplyDelete