Sunday 26 May 2013

Introducing Theodore Edward Bear

Here he is, all 17 1/2 inches high.  He has been made from a faux suede and fleece child's gilet that Ivan found at the bottom of his work ragbag.  He had to be handsewn, as the sewing machine flatly refused to have anything to do with it.  His head and paws have plastic joints in them, so that he is posable, and he was incredibly good fun to make.

His little waistcoat has been made from the offcuts of Harris Tweed Tartan that I used for Ivan's tablet case, and has been lined with a all over rose patterned red cotton quilting fabric.  The buttons are mother of pearl and there are snap fasteners stitched underneath.

I'm really pleased with him, and he is going to be the first item in my Folksy shop, once I get it set up, I hope, fingers crossed. 

Now all I need is to find other pre-loved fabrics that I can turn into Teddies.  I'm considering making one from leather, although it will have to be the very old and soft type.  Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. That is very impressive but how do you put a price on him.So many hours must have gone into his making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely wonderful - and the other one you made last time. They really do look very professional and better than anything shop-bought! Do you have a pattern for these or did you make it up yourself? Either way - very clever! xCathy

    ReplyDelete