Saturday 23 May 2009

And they're off ...............

The box has now been handed over to the Royal Mail and is probably sitting in our local sorting office at the moment, but it's finally on the first leg of it's magical mystery tour.

Don't forget to let us all know when you receive it and when you send it on, and what you've taken from it.

I'm seriously thinking about BBBJ's idea of a box swap as well, at some time. I've seen these before, where you have a box swap buddy - or you send your box to the person upline of you and the person downline of you sends a box to you. The whole thing is started off with a questionnaire for everyone in the group so that you know what everybody else likes and dislikes, so that you can tailor your box appropriately. Then you start knitting and crocheting and crafting and buying things for your box. Lovely idea and like having Christmas early. Let me know what you think.

Anyway, I'd better go and tidy up my bombsite of a garden. I've just started planting out sprouts, cauliflowers, spring onions, carrots, leeks ......... and there are discarded pots and little heaps of soil everywhere. Looks like a deranged mole has been drag racing through the grass.

Hope the weather stays nice for you all.

3 comments:

  1. Impressed you have got organised already.What should the value be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure at the moment. This is something I've got in mind once this box has done the rounds and come back. I think the box swap mark 2 needs more thought put into it as you will be making and buying things for your upline buddy, which will obviously take some time to get together. However, I think this might be nice for a Christmas aurprise for each other. This would give you time to make things for it. One box I saw on a blog somewhere, had the most gorgeous knitted shawl in it, which must have taken ages to make. Not sure on value of goodies, something that needs to be decided amongst us. And we need to come up with a suitable questionnaire as well - I'll do some research :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab idea! Who knew that rotten project club would end in this lovely way and I have found all you lovely people. This sounds like a nice idea to do. The longer we have to get things together the better if we are making things. Look forward to the details :)

    ReplyDelete