Saturday 27 February 2010

Swappsies




I have as shown above, one large 400g ball of Aran Acrylic and 20% wool. It's a marled grey flecked with black fuzzy bits. I made my brother an Aran jumper for Christmas out of it and he loved it.

The other picture is the banana silk. Four 100g skeins of it. It's quite a messy yarn in that it's fairly bitty, not at all smooth, but feels wonderful and is very heavy. Not sure on yardage of these.

I'm currently after a wide range of colours of size 11 beads. The patterns I have are for Delica 11/0 which I'm assuming means they are size 11. Project colours range through black to white and every colour inbetween. Especially blues, pinks and purples for some reason. Also shades of brown and green for 3D lizards, and gold for accents.

I've probably got loads more sitting in my stash but they're hard to get to at the moment :) I need to knit my way to them.

2 comments:

  1. Ah and there in lies a problem - Delica beads are a tiolet roll shape ie they have striaght sides and seed beads are more rounded like seeds, you won't be able to make your item using both types (I only have seed beads as delica's are more like twice the price because of the precision). It depends on what the item you are making is if you could make it using all seed beads (Most of my ladies only use seed beads because of price but some items just don't look the same made out of them). What is the finished item going to be (a picture would be good and we can see if seed beads could be swapped in). If not then we might have to think again (I love the banana silk it would be lovely). Sorry to sound like a party pooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a party pooper at all - it would be so disappointing to use beads that didn't work properly. One of the projects is a beaded amulet bag. Another one is a seahorse - 2d for bookmarks, earrings and a necklace. I'll try and get some photos of them.

    ReplyDelete