Monday 6 July 2009

Diet - and me too

Well my diet went slightly out of the window over the weekend as I packed the family into the car on Friday after work, and went to the Isle of Wight. A two and a half hour motorway trip turned out to be the best part of four hours due to several accidents and multiple roadworks along the way.

Is it just me, or does there never seem to be any actual work going on inside those cones? We've come to the conclusion that in actual fact they are being stored on the motorway as there is no room for them anywhere else. That would explain why there always seems to be miles and miles of perfectly good road surface coned off. Either that or some evil sod gets their kicks from watching people get frustrated in traffic jams.

Anyway, back to the diet - or lack of. Although I haven't made any attempts to diet over the weekend, I have done a fair bit of walking and my weigh in this morning revealed that I have stayed the same weight - let's hope it doesn't catch up with me next week.

There's a noisy great Chinook helicopter just gone over my house, sounded like it was going to land in the back garden - mind my pots !!!!

I keep looking at the Tilia shawls and then going back to my Mum's cardi. In my defence I need to get this done for her birthday in September and the 16 row pattern keeps catching me out. But I do have my other shawl (see previous post) on the needles so I think I'll take it to work with me tomorrow and get some rows in during lunch. That's the plan anyway. And there's the other mitten needs doing and the colour through gold embroidery in the hoop, then there's the Or Nue to get started, the beaded bracelets, the embroidered bags ...... I think I may have too many projects ongoing !!! Problem is I want to do everything now ..... and I work full time as well. Still it's a challenge.

Night, night everyone

3 comments:

  1. Ah roadworks, it is summer so the cones have to live outside (like cattle they need fresh air in the summer months)! Hope you enjoyed the weekend though.

    Sounds like you have lots of things on the go already - finish a few before you start Tilia as it can be addictive especially as the rows are so long and you are waiting to see it grow for the first part and so knit frantically!

    The lady who wrote Colour through gold is a member of our embroiderers guild, I love her work! Just thought you might like to know that useless bit of info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel - damn cones! Just to make you feel better on the WIP front, I'm currently trying to concentrate on the shawl I started for MIL but I have a basket in the living room with 3 completed socks and 3 second socks all at different stages of development. I keep thinking I should get on with those but can't seem to find time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I'm not the only one - sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get to a point where there's nothing that needs finishing :) Actually probably not, as there is always something lurking around.

    ReplyDelete