Sunday 26 July 2009

Down but not out

OK, so this week of being less than good - gulp - means that I've put on 3lbs. Not that I'm surprised as there has been a distinct chocolatey flavour to the week plus a bit of beefburger and chips and the odd icecream. But am I disheartened? Am I giving up? No not at all - well maybe a bit disheartened but it's my own fault. So onwards and upwards.

I've had to rip back the left side of Mum's cardigan as I made a mistake and the yarn is so fluffy row counting is really difficult. Easier to rip it back and start again. Having said that it was an exercise in patience as the fluffiness kept catching and having to be teased out. So I cast it back on and left it for a bit whilst catching up on the crocheted squares for a bag that I'd forgotten I was doing until I found it yesterday. That'll be coming to work with me today, I think, for lunchtime.

I've bought myself a new cossie - one with a skirt so I don't look quite so beached whale like - and I'm going to start swimming again - ladies night at our local baths on a Wednesday at 9pm. Obviously after the watershed so I don't scare the kiddies too much :o)

It's getting on for 7am so I'd better get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment