Thursday 16 July 2009

Goody box whoops

A huge apology to Kaye and Judy as I left them out of the box swap. However, all is not completely lost as I have not had time to unpack it and so I am going to tape it up and send it back out on it's merry way, at the weekend.

On the diet front, we went to the Isle of Wight, weekend before last, and I didn't bother dieting to be honest, although I did do a huge amount of walking. The upshot of all this is that I stayed the same weight last week and put on 1/2 lb this week. Still not to worry - head down and keep on going.

We've decided to have another holiday third week in August, but we're not leaving home to do it. After a lot of searching the net for deals and places to go, and grumpy comments from the other half we suddenly realised that we live in a holiday spot here in Kent. So we're going to have a week of visiting attractions within acceptable driving distance of home. So the money that would have been spent on the hotel - just a glorified wardrobe really, will be spent on extra attractions. There's such a lot in this area that I'm having great trouble in reducing the list to a manageable size.

My shawl is coming along - slowly. I was worried that it looked messy and completely unlike the picture of the completed one - but my Mum told me not to worry as blocking it would sort the messiness. I hope she's right :o)

There's so much to do I don't know where to start. My house is a tip, we're running at full stretch at work and we've got Swine Flu there as well. My daughter's schools has three cases of swine flu so far but as it's end of term tomorrow they're not really worried. What really got me though, was that my daughter said all the pregnant girls had been sent home because of the flu !!! The implication was that there was a lot of them and nobody seemed worried about that !!!

Oh well, now I've unloaded everything here I can make a start on something, somewhere, sometime. Or perhaps just knit a few more rows before I do.

Catch you all soon I hope. Good luck on shawls and dieting and everything else you're currently doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment